Re[2]: xmgrace

On Tue, 06 Jul 2004, Andrzej Grzegorczyk apparently wrote:
Gnuplot is very good but it is not so fast in use, xmgrace it
much better from this point of view.

Can you elaborate on this.  What does "fast in use" mean.
I consider gnuplot very fast.  Also, gnuplot handles 3-D
plots; Grace does not, if I recall. (?)

Can be controlled from external programs and has it is the
best, non commercial tools for data analysis.

Similarly, gnuplot can be controlled by external programs.
It is however a plotting program, on the philosophy that
the data manipulation should (mostly) be done elsewhere.
(Like in gnumeric!)

Preparing of short plugin program which will just send
data (with some data information like filename) to xmgrace
this is a problem of 3 weeks of programming. (I'm trying
to do it but I know only c++ and there is not a lot of
documentation about writing gnumeric plugins in c).

Sending just data gets you only the default plot.
Don't you need to be able to send script commands too?
Anyway, please announce if you succeed.

Cheers,
Alan Isaac