Re: Print dialogue

Andreas,

This I will certainly try...

Thanks

Frank

On 28 Jan 2004 23:44:25 -0700, Andreas J. Guelzow <aguelzow taliesin ca> wrote:

Hi Frank,

On Wed, 2004-01-28 at 11:11, Andreas J. Guelzow wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-01-27 at 17:50, frank brierley wrote:
> > Andreas,
> >
> > The main application I'm printing from is gnumeric so maybe waiting for > > the current development version (the one you've recently modified) to
> > reach a production release will solve some of these problems.
> >
> > Is it gnumeric or gnome-print responsible for displaying the printers
> > from the lpd spooler?
>
> This is 100% gnome-print's responsibility. I'll have a look how this
> could be reasonably added. The -l issue should be esily fixable. You may
> want to file some requests in bugzilla.gnome.org (gnumeric and
> gnome-print as products).
>
> Unfortunately gnome-print is already in feature freeze for Gnome 2.6 but
> some of these are really bugs!
>
> The development version of gnumeric is the gnome 2.6 version of gnumeric
> so it may take at least a few months for it to be released.

I thought about this a bit more and in fact we have a file that can sort
of function as configuration file for you, as a minimum you can insert
the -l you need:

Have a look in
/usr/share/libgnomeprint/2.4.2/models/GNOME-GENERIC-PS.xml
of course the version number in the path may vary.

There you will find a section:
        <Item Id="custom">
          <Name>Custom</Name>
          <Key Id="Module" Value="libgnomeprint-custom.so" />
          <Option Id="Command" Default="lpr" Type="String" />
        </Item>

If you insert -l behind the lpr on the fourth line, then it will
automatically appear in the dailog.

I cannot test it but you may want to try to add a text like
        <Item Id="fac">
          <Name>Fac</Name>
          <Key Id="Module" Value="libgnomeprint-custom.so" />
          <Option Id="Command" Default="lpr -l -Pfac" Type="String" />
        </Item>

immediately following the above custom entry, this will give you another
choice which may (untested!) print using lpr -l -Pfac.

good luck

Andreas