Re: Using dsum across sheets

On Sun, 2004-01-25 at 12:03, Jean Bréfort wrote:
The correct formula here is =SUM('Sheet 1'!A1:!A5). The documentation is
wrong on that point.

a small typo. It should be  =SUM('Sheet 1'!A1:A5)

Also, do I really need to use a range for the third argument? I really
don't want to have to create 16+ (the actual number of Jobs is
unbounded) mini-tables with just a "Job #" and a number in it,
especially when I already number each job in the Jobtable sheet. Is
there a function or something I can do to avoid all these needless
mini-tables?

This is how database functions work. I don't think you can avoid them.
It works the same in OpenCalc or Excel.

but we probably would all agree that we should have some more useful
database functions where we can avoid that table. Once we have iterators
we possibly should look at adding some.

Andreas
--
Prof. Dr. Andreas J. Guelzow
Dept. of Mathematical & Computing Sciences