Re: [sc-dev] Proposal of a new format character from engineer's/scientist's prospective

On Wed, Jan 21, 2004 at 05:54:43PM +0100, Roman Kaminski wrote:
For me most important function of gnumeric is solver.
I proved a small problem of linear programming.
18 unknows and 11 constrains. The data of my problem
were taken in random. I made some constrain  equal,
some unequal (min) so that I had a solution.
I tried to solve it with gnumeric then with excell.
No solution. Then I changed some parameter in excell options.
I set a smaller precision. The solution was not so exact but
there were a solution and I was contented with it.
My question is? How to change the precision in gnumeric. I see no option
in gnumeric.

Looks like you'll need to file a request for an extension to support
that automatically.  For now you can fake it by using a
    abs(val-target) <= precision