Re: converting to decimal time

On Sun, 2004-02-29 at 09:52, John Habermann wrote:
I am just trying to use gnumeric to calculate the amount of money earned based on
the number of hours worked and can't figure out if it is possible to convert
something in 'hour:minute' format to decimal so that I can multiple it by an
hourly rate. I have looked at all the  functions in date&time but none seems to do
that although I may well not be underseperate the hours and minutes into separate
columns.

Times are stored as fractions of days (e.g. a time displayed as 6:00 is
actually a value of 0.25) so to get a decimal number of hours simply
multiply the time value by 24.

For your full caclulation, if you've got the number of hours worked in
A1 and the hourly rate in B1, to calculate the full charge in C1 use the
formula '=A1*B1*24'.

- olly