gnumeric for Windows

I teach at an institution where most students use some
flavor of Windows.  In some courses, I would like to teach
my students certain aspects of spreadsheet use.  Although I
make a few exceptions, I am generally unwilling to
incorporate training in proprietary software use into my
courses.  Therefore I have so far left spreadsheet use out
of these courses.

About three years ago, talk about a gnumeric port to Windows
was reasonably active.  I have not been able to find any
recent evidence of a forthcoming port, hopefully due to not
knowing where to look.  Where do things stand?

Thank you,
Alan Isaac

--
Alan G. Isaac