New versions of gnumeric don't recognize the type of the file

Hi,

I have asked this question before, but since I had not subscribed I was not
able to answer to your questions or even to give an example.
As the title says gnumeric does not recognize the type of the file I want to
import. I attach a file so that you can check it for yourself. Let me clarify
something here: Gnumeric has no problem opening excel or gnumeric files. The
file I have attached is a txt file (some data).
Currently, I am using gnumeric 1.2.0 because it works without any problems,
with regard to file autorecognizition. I had installed gnumeric
1.2.2-1.2.4-1.2.6 but all of them failed to import the file. The error
message was "not supported file" or something like that. However, these
versions of gnumeric can import the file if a select the type of the file.

I am using Gentoo.

I do not know what other informations you might need to identify the problem,
but I will be glad to provide you with all kind of informations.

Thank you in advance for your time and help,
Vasilis