Re: Make gnumeric a web-plugin ?

Le jeu 05/02/2004 à 09:25, Haavard Holm a écrit :
Hello

I have been looking for a way of including spreadsheet functionality in
a html-page. Ie.
I want a html page, which includes a spreadsheet, which is initialized
with a file. The
user should be able to change some entries and the spreadsheet should
update.

Is there any plans for making gnumeric a web-plugin ? Is this possible ?

You can display spreadsheets with gnumeric in a html page with the help
of mozilla-bonobo (http://www.nongnu.org/moz-bonobo).
Unfortunalely, it is not possible to edit the contents of the cells (it
possible to add/delete cells and sheets, edit cells comments, and some
other operations with a right click but it is not really useful).
It would be possible to do it with a new option in the contextual menu
(Edit the cell) and add a dialog box to edit the formula. I do not think
there is any plan for that. However, you can request it with bugzilla.

Best regards,

Jean Brefort