Re: Rearranging small set of cells into another set

On Fri, Aug 06, 2004 at 03:46:47PM -0400, lucasm ohiou edu wrote:
Hi,

I've been looking around and have not found a way to do the following. I'm
hoping someone can point me to some options.

I would simply like to take a set of 10 cells and sort them into another
ten cells. More concretely, I have a set of 10 scores, and I want to sum
the highest 8. I am looking at sorting them into another set of 10
columns and then summing the first 8 columns.

Is there a way to do this with available gnumeric functions?

I'm not clear what you're asking.

The Sort function should handle the reordering as an action.  I
don't recall there being a sheet function wrapper to permute data.
It shouldn't be terribly hard to cook up given the sort code if
someone can specify an interface.