Re: Problem loading XML format file (fixed)

On Mon, Sep 15, 2003 at 02:57:11PM +0100, Thomas Chiverton wrote:
On Monday 15 Sep 2003 14:13 pm, you said:
On a different note, does anyone know about the HSSF seriliser used by
cocoon, that takes this type of XML as input ?

A little bit.  We know more about the format than the current state
of the implementation.  What are you trying to do ?

I'm generating Excel output from XML, and have a problem with styles.
The fragment looks like:
<gmr:Style Format="General" PatternColor="0:0:0" Back="F800:0:0"
Fore="FFFF:FFFF:FFFF" Hidden="0" Locked="1" Indent="0" Shade="1" Orient="1"
WrapText="0" VAlign="2" HAlign="1">
<gmr:Font StrikeThrough="0" Underline="0" Italic="0" Bold="0"
Unit="14">Helvetica</gmr:Font>
-
        <gmr:StyleBorder>
<gmr:Top Style="0"/>
<gmr:Bottom Style="0"/>
<gmr:Left Style="0"/>
<gmr:Right Style="0"/>
<gmr:Diagonal Style="0"/>
<gmr:Rev-Diagonal Style="0"/>
</gmr:StyleBorder>
</gmr:Style>

If I save and gzip the XML file with that in, and load it into Gnumeric, all
is well (one black line, one red line). However, if I now run that through
the HSSF seriliser (with Cocoon), the XLS file produced has the second line
as white-on-white text.

I think this may be a bug in the seriliser therefore ?

Its hard to be certain without seeing the rest of the file, but if
gnumeric renders it as expected then there's a good chance it s a
problem with the serializer.

What are you trying to do ?  We can easily configure newer versions
of Gnumeric to do the conversion directly.