Re: freezing panes

On Tue, 2003-09-09 at 16:38, Norm Reitzel wrote:
On Tue, 9 Sep 2003 10:45:04 -0400
Jody Goldberg <jody gnome org> wrote:

On Tue, Sep 09, 2003 at 04:26:42PM +0200, Tino Meinen wrote:

To freeze the first row, I have to select the second row. (because the
freeze occurs above and to the left of the selected cell)

I don't have the opportunity right now to check how Excel does this.

This is what XL does.

This is a minor issue, but I think it is a quintessential example of
 how to emulate something that was done wrong in the first place.

Actually, I think it has to be the way XL does it.

Suppose you want to freeze the first row, but not freeze any columns.

Under current scheme you select cell A2 and then use 'freeze panes'.

Under your scheme where you select row n to freeze row n and column x to
freeze column x, it would be necessary to select the cell to the left of
A1, which is very hard to select.

John