Re: question about freezed panes
- From: Jody Goldberg <jody gnome org>
- To: Parrenin Fr?d?ric <Frederic Parrenin notos cst cnes fr>
- Cc: gnumeric-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: question about freezed panes
- Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 12:35:20 -0400
On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 10:23:30AM +0200, Parrenin Fr?d?ric wrote:
I don't recall why at this point, and I've had so little sleep today
that reading code is a bad idea. The best I can offer is the lame
excuse that XL does the same thing.
It is not true: XL does not the same thing.
In fact, XL scrolls the lower pane when you are in the bottom line of
the upper pane and click <enter>, or when you are at the last column in
the right and click <TAB>.
OO does the first thing (with enter at the lower line), but not the
Ok. A bit of sleep (4 straight hours !) did wonders for my mental
1) Checking my notes, it seems I interpretted Bug 77303 as saying
that just clicking back on the upper pane scrolled the lower.
It seems I skipped step 5. My apologies.
2) I agree that it would be nice not to scroll in this instance.
After some double checking it doesn't look like that will break
The patch is trivial
diff -u -w -r1.328 sheet-control-gui.c
--- src/sheet-control-gui.c 11 Oct 2003 05:41:31 -0000 1.328
+++ src/sheet-control-gui.c 22 Oct 2003 16:13:06 -0000
@@ -2410,7 +2410,7 @@
sv_cursor_set (sv, &tmp,
tmp.col, tmp.row, tmp.col, tmp.row, NULL);
- sv_make_cell_visible (sv, tmp.col, tmp.row, TRUE);
+ sv_make_cell_visible (sv, tmp.col, tmp.row, FALSE);
sv_selection_add_pos (sv, tmp.col, tmp.row);
3) The only other area that appears to have this behavior is walking
the selection. eg
a) select A10
b) freeze panes
c) page down several times until A11 is no longer on screen
d) click on A1 and drag to A4
bottom should not have scrolled yet
e) hit enter
bottom scrolls for no good reason
edit position moves from A1 -> A2
However, before changing either I reviewed why this was added in the
first place. It seems related to autoscrolling somehow. I'd rather
not break one thing to fix another. Does someone with a nice sick
tester sort of mind have some time to play (eg grandma chema ? or
lukeh ? :-)
] [Thread Prev