Re: insert function dialog doesn't show examples

On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 02:53:09PM +0300, Ain Vagula wrote:
Jody Goldberg:
On Sun, Oct 19, 2003 at 10:07:56PM +0300, Ain Vagula wrote:
... just as I wrote?

please bugzilla with details of what you see, and what you expect to
see.

again, I want to be sure, i'm not doing something wrong myself..

When I look at strings in pot file there are 5 sections in function
descriptions:
FUNCTION, SYNTAX, DESCRIPTION, EXAMPLES, SEEALSO.
In 'Insert - Function' dialog I can see in description window only SYNTAX - on
the upper line with bold - and DESCRIPTION - below this. There are no
EXAMPLES or SEEALSO part in this window

oh.  I understand now.
Yes, we appear to have lost those fields in the new function selector.

Getting either field back will involve cloning the basic logic out
of the gtk hypertext demo.  Adding an example link to the
description with a back entry should be trivial.  SEEALSO is a
trickier question.  This isn't a browser, how does one 'go back' ?

Ain : Please bugzilla.
Usability folk : I don't want to do a lousy clone of yelp in here.
    Any thoughts on how to handle the function selection (for 1.3) ?