Re: Gnumeric hangs.....sometimes

On Thu, Oct 09, 2003 at 02:19:44PM -0400, Josh Knox wrote:
Hi all,

Running the latest version of gnumeric. Love it.

One issue that's come up lately is quite aggravating however.

When I start gnumeric it seems to hang, consuming 100% of the CPU. The
application never displays, but its process eats away at the CPU til I
kill it.

Yesterday, and this morning it started fine. Now a few hours later it's
back to hangin' out.

I'm running Slackware 9(current) with gnome 2.4.

Any ideas???

uuuhhhh. not really.
Try starting it in gdb and then manually breaking to see what its
doing.  My only guess would be more gnome-print breakage.  We've had
a few reports of things hanging at startup as gnome-print goes to
cups which goes out over the net for some printer info that
never returns.