Re: PRINT TO PS

On Wed, 2003-11-26 at 13:14, Carlos Alberto wrote:
Hi again, can anyone give me a hand with this?. I'm
working on a Fedora machine, with Gnumeric 1.2.1 built
from sources.

How can I set a default printing output to a ps file?
(locate in /tmp/output.ps perhaps).

And remove some print-configuration options like
"Create a PostScript" or "Create PDF Document" or
"Filename"; so this way, users can always configure
printing range and paper attributes, but printing
output will go always to a ps file (not to a local
printer).

You are refering to gnumeric. Would you like this to be true just for
gnumeric (quite difficult) or for all programs that use libgnomeprint?

Gnumeric doesn't really handle its own printing but uses the
libgnomeprint library. So you would need to change that library which of
course would affect all of its clients.

If you use have cups installed, you could for starters remove the cups
module of libgnomeprint
(/usr/lib/libgnomeprint/2.4.2/modules/libgnomeprintcups.*)

I am not sure whehehr removing some of transport libraries
/usr/lib/libgnomeprint/2.4.2/modules/transports/*
will make libgnomeprint fail horribly or whether it can handle their
absence.

Andreas
--
Andreas J. Guelzow <aguelzow taliesin ca>
Taliesin