Python problems

(oops, forgot to gzip the attachment on previous post)

I've been trying to pin down the problems with Python2.3 and gnumeric.
I wrote a very simple uitest plugin (attached, 'tar xvzf' in your
.gnumeric/<version>/plugins directory. When I run it normally, it works,
but complains of invalid pointers:

free(): invalid pointer 0x41363e00!
free(): invalid pointer 0x41363df0!
Added new sheet  Sheet4
free(): invalid pointer 0x41363e20!
Set text:  Sheet4
free(): invalid pointer 0x41363e10!
free(): invalid pointer 0x41363dc0!
Closed dialog box from sheet  Sheet1
free(): invalid pointer 0x41363dd0!
free(): invalid pointer 0x41363de0!

On request, I ran it through valgrind. Output attached as grindlog.gz.

Before making the script very simple, behaviour was either a Gnumeric hang
or a segfault.

Charles R. Twardy
Monash University
Computer Sci. & Software Eng.