Re: slow search

On Mon, Nov 03, 2003 at 02:13:24PM -0800, Kirill S. Sapelkin wrote:

Gnumeric loads pretty fast.

Try using the experimental sax importer.

click on file name in the the edit menu till the time the data shows
on screen.

sax should cut that even further.

To search I press F7, up pops a screen and I type in "Variance" into the
search box.

It takes 12 seconds to find "Variance"

Odd.  Its taking no more than 3-4 seconds on my athlon.

Could it be memory related ?  That sheet isn't small, and the DOM
importer temporarilly puffs things up on import.