Re: grid lines and background

On Sat, Nov 01, 2003 at 07:14:03PM +0200, Uri David Akavia wrote:
No.  That would make all imported xls workbooks ugly.
The XL semantics (which I agree with) is that grid lines are shown
in cells with no background colour.  When you set the colour, it
fills the entire cell, even the grid.  If you still want lines you
need to add manual borders.

Okay. How about having the option only as a (documented) Gconf key, so
not to clutter Gnumeric with a lot of options?

I am not a fan of hidden gconf options.

1) This option seems like it would be a workbook level rather than
   an app level choice so that files from OO look right.

2) Hidding a pref doesn't help people.  The goal is to do the right
   thing without a pref.  If we need one, which I'm unconvinced of
   yet, they it should be visible and tuneable.

3) Sone of our current parameters could probably been merged into a
   single 'performance' setting to tune behavior for fast vs slow
   machines.