Re: dumb question - cursor movement on [enter]

On Tuesday 13 May 2003 06:13, Jody Goldberg wrote:
[...]
Tab   goes across then down
Enter goes down then across

Shift reverses direction.

Aaah!  I would not have started this thread if I had realized that.

Use of tab and enter in what ought to be a fairly intuitive manner for
a computer user makes what I wanted easy.

And what is more, what Adrian Custer asked for,
 if in column G, move one row down, move to column B

is dead easy: just block the rows we expect to fill, from Bx to Gy,
say, and use tab all the time and the cursor travels exactly as
Adrian wants, scrolling to the next row of the block automatically.

So everything is perfect!

</thread>

--
richard