dumb question - cursor movement on [enter]

Probably not the place to ask, but I've skimmed the whole manual (good
document!), and tried all the menus and not found the answer.  How do
I stop the cursor from jumping to the next row after entering cell
contents and pushing [enter]?

BTW, I didn't know gnumeric had all those statistical functions and so
forth.  Reading the manual, I was impressed.  I usually use gnumeric
when I want a spreadsheet - OO is too slow to load, Koffice doesn't
run on any distro I've tried, and gnumeric is always there, ready and
willing.  And it reads M$ files beautifully.

--
richard