Re: python-loader

On Tue, Mar 25, 2003 at 01:17:04PM +0000, John N S Gill wrote:

python-loader has an interesting sounding python console, but the code
in the .xml.in file had this commented out.  Optimistically, I
uncommented it and re-compiled.

It compiles ok, but the when i fire up gnumeric i get a warning that the
'ui' service isn't around :(.

The ui service is experimental and requires a bonobo enabled build
for now.  That restriction will be when we jump to eggmenu.

PS understand that all these scripting issues will require a firm API
first, at this stage I'm just trying to get a feel for what is involved
in the process.

Sounds reasonable.  We've definitely not been rushing on this so
that we can focus on the api.  However, development resources are
spread thin enough that it is suffering for lack of someone to drive
it forward right now.  The python binding are the most advanced
currently, so they are a good place to start.  However, the goal is
to be fairly language agnostic.