Re: Proposed changed menu structure

Andreas J. Guelzow wrote:

I would like to propose to change the menu structure as given below.

Two comments, if I may.

File
  New
  Open...
  ---
  (recent files)

Gimp 1.3 has recent files in a sub menu callen "Open Recent".
This seems to be a good idea because it makes the file menu
shorter and the feature isn't used that often.

The other comment is about the order of top-level items
which according to the proposal goes like this:

File
Edit
Cell
Sheet
View
Format
Tools
Data
Help

I have checked the Gnome HIG which demands View to be
next to Edit. In addition I would swap Cell and Sheet
because then the object related items follow the order
from largest to smallest, i.e., file -> view -> sheet ->
cell (with interruption by the mandatory Edit menu).

Regards,
Martin