Re: Graphs in gnumeric 1.1.x

On Sun, Jan 12, 2003 at 02:46:14PM +0100, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
On Sat, 11 Jan 2003, Jody Goldberg wrote:

Things are still up in the air.  As it stands I'm working on a
management structure that is unique to gnumeric, then using engines
out of gtkextras with bits from guppi.

So, Jody, could we come to something shared for all apps, or are the
bits you're working on too gnumeric-specific?

The engine would almost certinaly become the first major shared
piece of gnome-office.  It would pull in things like
    - A structured storage mechanism and conventions
    - Infrastructure for embedded drawing objects (in discussion to
      get libsodipodi)
    - Gnumeric's value parsing and formating engine.
    - A combo of your plugin work and some recent development in
      gnumeric.

However, I'm going to do the initial work in Gnumeric just to get
things moving for the 1.2 release.  Then pull things out in the next
development cycle.  GnuCash has also expressed interest in a shared
module.