Re: Viewpoints on conditional formatting, anyone?

On Tue, 2003-01-07 at 19:43, Jody Goldberg wrote:
On Tue, Jan 07, 2003 at 12:29:37AM +0100, Tino Meinen wrote:
Would it be possible/desirable to get rid of the "Format..." buttons by
transforming the display of the example-tekst into a button, wich if
clicked would pop up the format dialog?

How does that improve things ?   If we posit an XL style structure of

    /-------------------------------------\
    |     Condition                       |
    |  Sample         <launch fmt dialog> |
    \-------------------------------------/

Then we're not pressed for space and I don't see any other
advantages to merging the elements.  What am I missing ?
We, were asked to brainstorm, wich is what I did. Sometimes the ideas
produced are not that great.
The idea was to simplify the dialog by reducing the number of
gui-elements. I count at least 10 elements per condition in XLs dialog.

But I think I agree with Laura that a button should look like a button
and that the sample format should just plain show the format and nothing
else. So the idea of combining elements was silly.

--Tino