Re: gnumeric2 and weird font

On Wed, 2003-12-31 at 07:05, Pete Phillips wrote:
I just upgraded to Suse 9.0, and it has gnumeric2-1.1.20-36 installed.

Initially *all* of the fonts were a weird spidery looking font, but by
amending the default font in the preferences dialogue I was able to sort
this out. However, the font used for titles and footers is still this
weird font, and I can't seem to find a place where this is set in  the
config files, nor how to change it in a gnumeric spreadsheet itself.

Hi,

you can select the header/footer font in the preference dialog as of
1.2.2. The main font problem is taken care of in 1.2.0 already by
gnumeric falling back on some reasonable fonts if the selected font was
not available in gnome-print rather than using gnome-print's fallback of
the first available one. But that fix did not apply to the headers and
footers until 1.2.2.

So your best bet is to update to 1.2.2 or newer. (1.2.4 should be out
any day.)

Andreas
--
Prof. Dr. Andreas J. Guelzow
Dept. of Mathematical & Computing Sciences