gnumeric2 and weird font

Hi

I just upgraded to Suse 9.0, and it has gnumeric2-1.1.20-36 installed.

Initially *all* of the fonts were a weird spidery looking font, but by
amending the default font in the preferences dialogue I was able to sort
this out. However, the font used for titles and footers is still this
weird font, and I can't seem to find a place where this is set in  the
config files, nor how to change it in a gnumeric spreadsheet itself.

Any help appreciated,
Regards and Happy New Year,
pete

--