referencing a cell in a different workbook

Good evening,

I would like to reference a cell from a sheet which is in a different workbook.

In excel, you can use the form "='[foo.xls]sheet1'!$A$1" to do this (single quotes in case there are spaces in the sheet or book name). I cannot find any reference to being able to do this with gnumeric, after googling and looking at www.gnumeric.org

Please CC me as I am not subscribed to the list.

Regards,

Russell.