Re: Drag & Drop - Follow-up Patch

On Wed, 2002-09-25 at 17:16, Lutz Müller wrote:
On Thu, 2002-09-26 at 00:05, Andreas J. Guelzow wrote:
This code does not work properly: I get various

** (gnumeric:2135): CRITICAL **: file dialog-sheet-order.c: line 720
(dialog_sheet_order_update_sheet_order): assertion `n_sheets ==
n_children' failed

I need to rework that. I missed that you can (1) add sheets via the
sheet-manager and (2) add sheets directly by right-clicking on a
tab-label.

I will try to make the sheet manager somehow aware of latter.

The main issue is that the list of sheets in the dialog reflect the
desired list, not the current list of sheets. I would think that that
list should not be adjusted on every drag and drop!

As I previously said, I think if the user hasn't changed the order in
the sheet-manager yet, it would be convenient if the order would be kept
in sync.

I agree. But do we need the dialog when the user has manually adjusted
the order in the dialog _and_ the workbook?

Could you fix worksheet.c to properly emit the signal on sheet order
changes? I'll then try to fix the issues with regard to adding sheets...

already done :-)

I have also committed the content of your last patch (please note that
src/dialogs has its own ChangeLog and does not use the main ChangeLog
file).

Thanks for the nice work.

Andreas