Re: Mixing fonts in a cell

On Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 01:06:11AM +0100, nikolai hlubek physik tu-dresden de wrote:
What I'd like to do, is mix greek an normal letters in a cell.
i.e. : Tau / m/s (Tau should be the greek letter here)
I've somehow found no way on doing this.

If this feature is generally unavailable then you can
change this question into a feature request, as this
is very important for me to label charts correctly.

It is not currently available in the form you mention.  Specificly
we do not have support for in cell markup yet.  Eg no making _part_ of
a string/number bold or using a different font.  However, the
development version of gnumeric is now unicode friendly internally,
and pango is quite smart about handling fonts.  So if you can figure
out how to type a greek letter without using the symbol font it will
work.  I have vague recollections of using AltGr + stuff in other
apps, or requiring some magic incantation to type a unicode char by
number.

I'm betting that owen has already implemented the magic to do this
long ago.  Its just a question of diggiing it out.

Owen ?