Re: More than 64K Rows (and misc comments)

On Mon, Oct 07, 2002 at 10:04:10AM -0400, Francisco Matias Cuenca-Acuna wrote:
src/item-bar.c:item_bar_calc_size
       /* 5 pixels left and right plus the width of the widest string I
can think of */
       ib->cell_width = 5 + 5 +
               style_font_string_width(bold_font, "88888");

Add more digits as necessary.

        This is not enough. I can shrink the number of digits fine, but
enlarging past 88888 makes no change to the column width. Do you know where
this limitation is coming from?
That should be enough.  I'll have to play with it later.

I said is that I'm getting tired of excels's 64K row limit and 32K points
limit for plots (how is gnumeric in this aspect?)
there is no hard coded limit.  However, as Morten points out we have
not done extensive testing on graphs with that kind of dataset.
Guppi can handle them, I hope GtkExtras/Scigraphica can handle them,
but I'm not sure that our recalc engine is tuned for it.

We'll see soon.