Re: building libgsf

On Tue, Nov 19, 2002 at 10:40:20PM -0500, Jody Goldberg wrote:
On Tue, Nov 19, 2002 at 08:39:49PM -0500, Michael George wrote:
However, when I try to run ./autogen.sh, I get:

~/GNOME/libgsf>sh ./autogen.sh --prefix=/home/george/garnome

**Error**: You must have `automake' installed to compile libgsf.

The macro appears to run 'automake --version'.  What does your
version say ?

automake (GNU automake) 1.4-p5

Copyright (C) 1999, 2001 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

Written by Tom Tromey <tromey cygnus com>

and I ran "automake --version" from the command line of the same shell that I
ran the "autogen.sh" from, so the paths are the same...  Though, if a new
shell is instantiated to run the autogen.sh, it would have the default paths.
But if I don't use "sh ./autogen.sh" and do "./autogen.sh" instead a new shell
shouldn't be launched.

Besides, automake is in /usr/bin...

I'm confused...

--
In light of the terrorist attack on the U.S.:
        They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary