Re: Problem loading excel sheet

On Fri, 2002-05-24 at 14:30, J.H.M. Dassen (Ray) wrote:
On Fri, May 24, 2002 at 08:34:17 -0400, Jody Goldberg wrote:
On Fri, May 24, 2002 at 09:00:33AM +0100, John N S Gill wrote:
Bonobo-WARNING **: Could not open help topics file NULL for app gnumeric
alfa_cpp.xls
Ignorable, possible a missing topics.dat file ?

I addressed this in /usr/share/doc/gnumeric/README.Debian :
      Q: The "help" function does not work. Is gnumeric broken?
      A: Probably not. If you've got a warning like
              Bonobo-WARNING **: Could not open help topics file NULL for app gnumeric
         the GNOME help system could not find the gnumeric manual. Install the
         "gnumeric-doc" package which contains the gnumeric manual.

Thanks -- i just installed gnumeric-doc and the warning has gone away +
I have the added bonus that the gnumeric manual is back :)

BTW, I have also just slapped myself about a bit with a wet fish, the
file is in fact loading successfully into gnumeric.

Only problem is it is the initial positioning of the sheet - with Excel
it loads positioned with cell a1 in the top left and b4 selected.

With gnumeric cell bm8 is in the top left.

Afraid I was too stupid to notice this :( + saw the messages gnumeric
was spitting out and jumped to the wrong conclusions).

I've mailed Jody a copy of the file just in case.

Sorry if i've wasted any time.

John