Re: Get error on ./configure with OLE 0.2.4

On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 05:04:29PM -0000, gbledsoe knology net wrote:
I installed OLE 0.2.4 after it bombed on the first run of configure, but the
configure script still bombs with a FAIL message saying it can't find OLE
0.2.4.  I've confirmed it is installed in /usr/local/lib.

Anybody got a solution for this one?

This is almost certainly a prefix issue.  When mixing packages and
source together you need to be careful about where things get
installed.  by default packages are installed in
    --prefix=/usr/local

If your distribution installs things elsewhere (say /usr) then it
will not notice your copy of libole in /usr/local.  Use the
GNOME_PATH environment variable to point to /usr/local, delete the
config.cache for gnumeric and re-configure.  Things should work.