Re: Python Plugins

On Tue, May 14, 2002 at 07:49:36PM -0400, Daniel Carrera wrote:

I want to write a Python plugin for Gnumeric.
I'm not clear what you're trying to do.
You want to write some functionality in Python ?  The set of things
that are currently extensible via a plugin is currently fairly
limited.  We call them services
    - io
    - functions
    - function loaders

The goal is to support more things eventually
    - new menu/toolbar commands
    - additional solvers

Where can I find the manual for that?  Are there examples anywhere?
There are docs for creating new spreadsheet functions, and lots of
examples.

I've looked at the Gnumeric documentation and it's been a very frustrating
experience.  I couldn't even find out how to *load* a plugin.  Much less
write one.
Tools -> Plugins