Re: Python Plugins

Thanks Travis,

That's a very good introduction.

Maybe I should just tell you what I have in mind.

I thought that I'd write a generic least squares fit program.  I know that
Gnumeric already has a linear best fit and a few others.  But what if I
want to fit a sine function? (this happened to me not long ago).

I want to fit to a user-defined function.  Allow the user to define the
paramters that will be tunned, and compute a fit with error estimates and
all.

I am a mathematician (grad student).  I'm sure I can do the mathematical
component without trouble.  However, I don't know how to integrate it with
Gnumeric.

Could you offer me some guidance?

Daniel.