Thanks to you for providing Gnumeric. It helps my job very much.

 I frequently import CSV files to Gnumeric. But the problem is that
 the import dialog is very slow. I've just browsed the source as of
 1.0.7 then I suspect that stf_preview_render() would be the major
 source of this slowness.
 Actually I run Gnumeric and other stuffs on remote X server.
 I guess this situation of my side somewhat emphasizes the problem.
 But kspread is doing it faster. I know that Gnumeric provides
 richier features. But there must be something we can do to make it
 Does anyone have any suggestions or comments?
 I'm new to Gnurmeric source but I guess I can work on this and
 will send you a patch if some technical advises are given.