stf_preview_render

Hi,

 Thanks to you for providing Gnumeric. It helps my job very much.

 I frequently import CSV files to Gnumeric. But the problem is that
 the import dialog is very slow. I've just browsed the source as of
 1.0.7 then I suspect that stf_preview_render() would be the major
 source of this slowness.
 Actually I run Gnumeric and other stuffs on remote X server.
 I guess this situation of my side somewhat emphasizes the problem.
 But kspread is doing it faster. I know that Gnumeric provides
 richier features. But there must be something we can do to make it
 faster.
 Does anyone have any suggestions or comments?
 I'm new to Gnurmeric source but I guess I can work on this and
 will send you a patch if some technical advises are given.

 Regards,

 Taishin