Re: locked cells

On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 12:15:20AM +0200, Tino Meinen wrote:
I was just wondering, is there a visual feedback for the locked cells?
I mean, If cell C3 is a locked cell, would a user be able to recognise
that just by looking at the sheet?

We have not implemented anything, nor does XL as far as I know.  It
may be useful optionally, but certainly not for the default case.
My understanding of locking is that it used by people creating data
entry forms.  The draw up a pretty sheet and leave only the 'input'
areas unlocked.  Adding a flag to locked cells would ruin the
esthetics.