Gnumeric 1.1.6

Gnumeric 1.1.6 aka 'I/O I/O its off to work we go' is now available.

    Lots and lots of toys to play with here.  Jukka-Peka has
    returned with a vengeance adding several more functions.  He's
    well past XL at this point in terms of random number coverage.
    Protected regions are starting to be meaningful, Andreas is
    plugging the gaps.  Morten has been working to enable optional
    (at compile time) use of long double to increase precision by
    brute force,  and has been working on various functions to
    improve the precision of the algorithms  For my part I've been
    poking at the core and finally completing the Model View
    Controller split for Sheets.  This means that unshared views now
    work.  There is also partial support for calculated and 3d
    references.  On the import/export side the excel, lotus, and
    Applix plugins have been improved and a Quattro Pro importer
    added.  JonKare has taken the libgsf transition and used it to
    enable gnumeric as a nautilus viewer for all of our support
    formats.

    NOTE : libole2 is no longer required.  We now use libgsf (version 1.1.0 was
        just released)

    NOTE : We have disabled building 1.1 using gcc-2.96.  There are a few known
       areas where the compiler shipped with RH/Mandrake was causing numeric
       inaccuracies in Gnumeric.  If you don't mind that feel free to manually
       remove the prohibition.

WARNING  WARNING WARNING

    NOTE : This is a DEVELOPMENT RELEASE it is not supposed to be stable We do
        not warrant that it will not cause you, your dog, or your mother's
        army boots, to burst into flame.

WARNING  WARNING WARNING

    Andreas:
            * Fix and improve html import.
            * Make the analysis tools honor the lock state of cells.
            * Properly handle output range preparation for analysis tools
              even if the user did not want it cleared.
            * Create ui to set protection of individual sheets.
            * Make various edit actions check for locks first.
            * Fix 85383, 84396, 88164.

    Jody:
            * Have the stf dialog use the default font.
            * Use GsfInput for importing.
            * Improve the Applix importer.
            * Fix lifecycle for 3d references.
            * Fix goto dialog's handling of invalid addresses.
            * forward port missing patches from 1.0
            * Finally add SheetView
            * Move animated cursor selection to sheetview
            * Handle enabling paste special on an application level
            * Move selection to SheetView
            * Parse and evaluate constructed references, no depends yet.
            * Read edit_pos from xls for multi-selection case.
            * Save selection correctly for xls.
            * Move freeze state to SheetView.
            * Decrease dependence on gal in favor of libgsf.
            * Move libgsf for XL export
            * Remove dependence on libole2 !
            * Add a Quattro Pro importer
            * Fix Lotus import of relative references, and formulas with strings
            * Support url, and in workbook hyper-links, no UI or persistence yet.
            * Import url, and in workbook hyper-links from xls
            * Take steps towards support implicit iteration for function args.
            * Handle cursor changes, and tooltips for hyper-links.

    Jukka:
            * More solver enhancements:
              Reporting improvements.
              Documentation updated.
            * MPS plugin enhancements.
            * New financial functions (integrated from the OpenOffice with
              some modifications and clean up):
              AMORDEGRC(), AMORLINC(), CUMIPMT(), CUMPRINC(), MDURATION(),
              ODDLPRICE(), ODDLYIELD(), and YIELDMAT().
            * Renamed Gnumeric's DURATION() as G_DURATION() and implemented
              DURATION() like in XL (using OpenOffice code).
            * Fixed YIELD().
            * Moved all complex number functions from fn-eng plug-in to a
              separate plug-in for complex numbers.
            * New complex number functions (integrated from the GNU Scientific
              Library with some minor modifications):
              IMINV(), IMNEG(), IMARCSIN(), IMARCCOS(), IMARCTAN(), IMARCSEC(),
              IMARCCSC(), IMARCCOT(), IMSEC(), IMCSC(), IMCOT(), IMSINH(),
              IMCOSH(), IMTANH(), IMSECH(), IMCSCH(), IMCOTH(), IMARCSINH(),
              IMARCCOSH(), IMARCTANH(), IMARCSECH(), IMARCCSCH(), and IMARCCOTH().
            * Moved all random number generation functions from fn-math to a
              seperate plug-in (fn-random).
            * New random distribution functions (mostly integrated from the
              GNU Scientific Library with some minor modifications):
              RANDBETA(), RANDCAUCHY(), RANDCHISQ(), RANDEXPPOW(), RANDFDIST(),
              RANDGAMMA(), RANDGAUSSIAN(), RANDGEOM(), RANDGUMBEL(), RANDHYPERG(),
              RANDLAPLACE(), RANDLEVY(), RANDLOG(), RANDLOGISTIC(), RANDLOGNORM(),
              RANDPARETO(), RANDRAYLEIGH(), RANDRAYLEIGHTAIL(), RANDTDIST(),
              RANDUNIFORM(), and RANDWEIBULL().
            * New random distributions for the random number generation tool:
              Beta, Cauchy, Chi-Squared, Exponential power, F, Gamma, Geometric,
              Laplace, Levy alpha-Stable, Logarithmic, Logistic, Lognormal,
              Pareto, Rayleigh, Rayleigh tail, T, Type I Gumbel, Type II Gumbel,
              and Weibull.

    Morten:
            * Improve the Applix importer.
            * Update mathfunc.c to R 1.5.1.
            * Improve precision of HYPGEOMDIST and NEGBINOMDIST.
            * Fix PERMUT crash.
            * Fix RANDPOISSON loop and performance.
            * Start making Search and Search/Replace UTF-8 safe.
            * Resurrect long double support.

    Jon K?re:
            * Use GsfInput in the Python plugin loader
            * Use GsfInput in the Nautilus component
            * Open all probe-able file formats from the Nautilus component
            * Added ISOYEAR().
* Availability

        http://download.gnome.org/GNOME/pre-gnome2/sources/gnumeric