Re: Excel Converter

On Sun, Jul 21, 2002 at 12:34:32AM -0600, Jorge Lehner gmx net wrote:
I am interested in standalone conversion from Excel Spreadsheet format
to .csv or Gnu Oleo format.

How difficult would it be, to re-use the import/export features of
gnumeric for this task?

The simplest solution is actually to reuse gnumeric, not just the
importers.  In the development tree the main application is nicely
wrapped up with a bow.  It would be trivial to implement another
application that used the core of gnumeric to read a file and
convert into another format.  The only thing that has kept me from
doing this is a lack of decisivness on how to configure the
import/export routines.  When I get back from vacation we can
discuss this.