Re: [patch] file locking, v3

On Tue, Jul 16, 2002 at 03:33:55PM +0200, Floris Kraak wrote:

You mean telling the user who is locking the file?
Yes exactly.  Sorry to harp on vim but it seems like a well tested
existing implementation of this concept.  When it finds a lock file
the user gets told who, when, where and gets prompted to, open,
open read-only, don't open.

Yes. I've done a quick grep over the vim code but didn't get any
good matches; I'll take a look at it though.
Look for 'swp' thats where they put the transation log and the lock
info.