From: Uri David Akavia [mailto:uridavid netvision net il]
Sent: Monday, 15 July 2002 5:07 AM
To: Phillip Shelton
Subject: RE: Excel/gnumeric function compat test sheet.

Hello,
I was under the impression that it was unfinished because each cell in
gnumeric 1.0.6 says "=bitor(..)". Sorry about that.
I then noticed that the numeric values are different. Switching to
excel, I noticed that each cell says "bitwise.xls!BITOR(...)", so this
isn't gnumeric's fault. I just don't understand how the cells (in every
sheet) can say exacly the same but give different functions. Could you
tell me how?
(BTW, is the fact that gnumeric says only bitor a bug?)

Since it is apparently finished, I will start working on mathematical
functions, starting with trigonometry. I am not going to do intensive
testing of the mathematical behavior (unless you guys think I should)
since I believe the basic algorithm has been checked rigidly.
However, if someone has special values and/or general tips about
hyperbolic functions (I'm not very familiar with them) I'd be happy to
hear them. (you can send just to me, I'm not sure the list would care
about this). This may take a while, but I'll do my best.

Yours,
Uri David Akavia