Re: external scripts? stock quotes?

On Sat, Jan 05, 2002 at 02:29:42PM -0800, Curt Siffert wrote:
Is there a way to have the output of an
external script show up in a cell?

I am trying to figure out how to get stock quotes
to show up in gnumeric.  I've got plenty of little
command line utilities in linux that will give me
quotes, but I'd like them to show up in my spreadsheet.
Or is there an easier way?  Anyone got a plugin for
stock quotes?

The best solution would be to add another real time data feed.  The
development branch has a fairly simple example you could use as a
template.  I'd love to include something like this in the
distribution.