Re: [Fwd: guppi related problem ?]

On Fri, Jan 25, 2002 at 03:07:49PM +0100, Arkadiusz Miskiewicz wrote:

Simple test, run gnumeric -> insert -> graph and gnumeric segfaults
That makes no sense.  Gnumeric is very fault tolerant of graphing
failures.

** WARNING **: 'Unknown CORBA exception id: 'IDL:CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0'' : while gettting graph
TypeSelector control
Bonobo-CRITICAL **: file bonobo-widget.c: line 223 (bonobo_widget_new_control_from_objref): assertion
`control != CORBA_OBJECT_NIL' failed.
This is usually an indicator of a gnome-print problem.

Run 'oaf-slay' to make sure that there are no graphing components.
Then in one window manually run guppi-gnumeric (the graph server)
When that is up and running start gnumeric in another window and
create a graph.  Watch the messages in the guppi-gnumeric window.
I'll bet it is exiting intentionally and complaining about missing
fonts.

I do not understand why Gnumeric would be crashing, it is definitely
specific to either your installation or that architecture.  Either
way, I'll need a back trace to understand what is different.

Good Luck