Re: [Fwd: guppi related problem ?]

Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 13:55:49 +0100

I've strted to use gnumeric in hope to break with excel, but gnumeric is
not showing (even doing) graphs giving such information:

** WARNING **: 'Nothing matched the requirements.' : while attempting to
activate a graphing component.
oaf-run-query "repo_ids.has('IDL:GNOME/Gnumeric/Graph_v1/Manager:1.0')"
should return a value.

This has been fairly well covered on the lists.  The problem boils
down to not having guppi installed correctly.  There appear to be
several common reasons for this.

1) Old version of Guppi.
You need Guppi >= 0.40.0, but for best results I would reccomend
0.40.3 and Gnumeric 1.0.3

2) Guppi installed from rpm.  Versions before 0.40.3 had problems
with their spec files.  There were files missing from the rpm.

3) Installing Guppi in a different prefix than gnumeric & oaf.
Gnumeric needs to be able to find Guppi.  For that it uses OAF.
Make sure that the isntall prefixes are the same.

4) Guppi is not built with Gnumeric support.
Check the configure message carefully when building guppi.  You need
to have installed the gnumerc graphing idl files BEFORE configuring
guppi.