Re: Gnumeric/Guppi

Jody Goldberg wrote:

On Fri, Jan 18, 2002 at 06:01:58PM -0700, Andreas J. Guelzow wrote:

Why can't the graph guru stay on top?

What do you mean ?

The gurus usually stay above the worksheet when you select regions for the expression entry widget in the guru. THe Graph guru doesn't (at least for me).

Why do the category labels don't show?

For which graph type ?

vertical barchart, horizontal barchart, pie chart (wherever its really categories rather than coodinates).

What is the purpose of being able to change the series field (it
is overwritten by the name anyways or ignored if you doin't give a
name!)?

The series field should be the same as the series name.  We could
make it non-editable in to option menu, but it seemed useful to
support it for constant names.  We need an expr-entry to support
calculated names.

There is a series field and a name field. Changing the name field effectively changes both the content of the series field and name field. Changing the name field does nothing apparent.

And it is highly unintuitive to start editing a graph. `right-click on it while it is not selected' ???If we select a graph and invoke the graph guru, wouldn't you expect that we can edit the graph?

Little trick.
Right click just _outside_ the graph when it is selected.
and the option menu appears.  I'm trying to work around bonobo/guppi
to support it on the interior too.

I knew this (it wsa mentioned before). But how many users would ever figure this out?

And left clicking on an unselected scatterplot does what?

I don't recall,  possibly it zooms in/out ?

On the selected scatter plot it does. It doesn't seem to do anything if the graph is not selected. (independent from plot type).

The buble size is absolute (ie. it doesn't scale with everything else)?

THis is probably a design decision, but the next one seems to be a bug:

Why can't you drag out the pies in the first quadrant of a piechart?

Trow ?

Andreas

--
Prof. Dr. Andreas J. Guelzow