Re: Gnumeric/Guppi

Jon Trowbridge wrote:

On Fri, 2002-01-18 at 19:01, Andreas J. Guelzow wrote:

The buble size is absolute (ie. it doesn't scale with everything else)?

I guess for the same reason that the markers in a regular scatter plot
don't scale when you zoom in and out.

Actually, all markers used to scale as you zoomed in a very early
version of Guppi, but I changed it after discussing the issue with some
Bell Labs plotting folks.  Apparently there have been studies showing
that non-scaled markers are superior at conveying the information
embodied in the graph.  (I don't have a reference -- this conversation
occured a few years ago...)

I agree with respect to the markers. The bubbles on the other hand carry information which (perhaps only for the use I envision for a bubble chart) are related to the distances in the chart. If they don't scale this bubble chart would be useless for me since the bubble size is suddenly only relative to each other but not connected to the location per se.

Why can't you drag out the pies in the first quadrant of a piechart?

Thank you for noticing this.  It is a bug, and it is now fixed in CVS.

You are very welcome and thak you very much for fixing it.

Andreas

--
Prof. Dr. Andreas J. Guelzow
http://www.math.concordia.ab.ca/aguelzow