Re: COUPNCD COUPPCD Aarrrghhhh!

Nick Lamb wrote:

On Thu, Jan 17, 2002 at 05:53:39PM -0700, Andreas J. Guelzow wrote:

Could somebody please update Jp's regression files to refer to the Excel 2000 results and place them somewhere were we can get to them. I would be very willing to change the code (again) to have just one version!

I could probably do this if someone told me what Jp's regression files
are and where I can get them.

I believe you already got them. THey are a bunch of files in the 300KB range called coupdays.gnumeric, couppcd.gnumeric, etc at http://www.cs.hut.fi/~jiivonen/testfiles.

If you adjust those files, perhaps you could record in them that the numbers come from Excel 2000 on MS Wiundows x.xx.xx

I think some PCs around here have XL 2000

Shouldn't someone check Office XP to see if Excel is {better,worse} ?

Probably. Perhaps when the regression files are updated for XL2000 we can have somebody open them in XP (and if XP doesn't pass we change them again...)

Andreas

--
Prof. Dr. Andreas J. Guelzow
http://www.math.concordia.ab.ca/aguelzow