Re: future of graphing in gnumeric

On Wed, Jan 16, 2002 at 10:34:46AM -0500, Allin Cottrell wrote:
Just wondering what the plans are for this, given Jody's comments
about branching for Gnome 2.

No worries.  The vast majority of the graph configuration support is
on the guppi side.  The only portion that involves gnumeric is the
xls import.  Everything else goes into guppi.

As gnumeric tests the gnome2 waters and gets stable there, work
continues on guppi in gnome-1.4.  When things look safe guppi jumps
over too.  When it stabilizes we tweak the interface to improve the
handling of missing values.

Work will continue with minimal interruption as we shift platform.