Crash on startup

On one of our RedHat 7.2 servers I have installed Ximian GNOME.  For our
xterminal users I would like them to be able to use Gnumeric so I have
it start it from this server and display on their desktop.

However, now I cannot get gnumeric to start up at all without
segfaulting.  I've tried the ximian package as well as gnumeric 1.0.1
and both seg fault on start up.

What should I check / try?

BTW:  When is Ximian going to release gnumeric-1.0.1 packages??  My
users are eager to start trying gnumeric out and I'm kinda holding back
waiting until ximian starts ditributing 1.x...

THANKS!!