Re: no gnumeric-devel-1.0.0 ?

   > I'd love to build Guppi against the new gnumeric but Guppi needs
   > gnumeric-devel ...

   If guppi needs gnumeric-devel, then guppi is broken.

I'd go further: the whole idea of distributors randomly chopping up
packages in pieces is wrong.  All -devels that were not made by the
creators of the program/library in question should lead to a kick in
the butt of the person who made that -devel.

Morten
(who has spent too much time cleaning up after such people.)